The Netherlands is widely recognised as a premier jurisdiction for holding, finance and investment vehicles and, increasingly, also for funds.
Its capital city of Amsterdam, one of the founders of the European Union and home to a strong financial industry, offers the perfect location for financial institutions as it provides a thriving and dynamic environment that will enable them to flourish. Amsterdam is key financial hub that attracts globally minded institutions and top international talents.
JTC’s acquisition of VAN Doorn CFS B.V. completed on 28 September 2018, enhancing and strengthening our Netherlands platform with a very high-quality, fast-growing business that is an ideal bolt-on to our Institutional Client Services (ICS) Division.
Netherlands Key Facts
- The Netherlands is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, consisting of twelve provinces in western Europe and three islands in the Caribbean. The Netherlands is a representative democracy with a constitutional monarchy. The capital is Amsterdam.
- A founder member of the European Union in 1958.
- Located in the heart of Europe and. through excellent infrastructure and logistics services it is often called the ‘Gateway to Europe’.
- Home to a unique concentration of international companies who have established their European headquarters in the Netherlands.
- Competitive taxation regime with a sound legal and regulatory environment, Political and economic stability.
- The official language is Dutch and in international business the common language is English.
- National currency is the Euro (EUR).
- Licensed by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB).