The Netherlands is recognised as a premier jurisdiction for holding, finance and investment vehicles and, increasingly, also for funds.
It’s capital city of Amsterdam, one of the founders of the European Union and home to a strong financial industry, offers the perfect location for financial institutions as it provides a thriving and dynamic environment that will enable them to flourish. Amsterdam is key financial hub that attracts globally minded institutions and top international talents.
Netherlands Key Facts
- The Netherlands is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, consisting of twelve provinces in western Europe and three islands in the Caribbean. The Netherlands is a representative democracy with a constitutional monarchy. The capital is Amsterdam.
- A founder member of the European Union in 1958.
- Located in the heart of Europe and. through excellent infrastructure and logistics services it is often called the ‘Gateway to Europe’.
- Home to a unique concentration of international companies who have established their European headquarters in the Netherlands.
- Competitive taxation regime with a sound legal and regulatory environment, Political and economic stability.
- The official language is Dutch and in international business the common language is English.
- National currency is the Euro (EUR).
- Licensed by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB).