Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accounts Manager – Corporate Services to join our team in Jersey.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing financial statements and management reports for a portfolio of clients within the Institutional Client Services division in accordance with the most relevant accounting standards and client driven requirements. The successful candidate will provide support to the Line Manager in: managing the team resources; allocating tasks and monitoring client service levels for reporting purposes.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Bookkeeping and preparation of management reports and annual financial statements mainly under UK GAAP and IFRS for our highly complex clients within Corporate and Funds services;
- Review of externally prepared financial statements;
- Prepare complex VAT returns for clients and ensuring timely submission;
- Preparation/ review of ad hoc reports such as cash flow forecasts and budgets;
- Prepare bank covenant reports;
- Prepare accounting files for audits and manage the audit process to ensure the completion of within deadlines and agreed costs
- Act as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the audits
- Ensure that all tasks, reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and internal deadlines are achieved
- Billing – monitor recoverability of time spent on each task undertaken, tailoring the approach to a specific job where possible to ensure minimal write off of time and maintaining divisional KPI’s;
- Quickly and diligently address Client queries and questions (Including assisting the Administration team with accounting related queries) and ensure resolution thereof;
- Liaise with the client where appropriate to discuss financial statements/reports, resolve any issues or discuss fees;
- Be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to other team members and to clients;
- Monitor WIP against agreed budgets and report variances to the Line-Manager;
- Adhere to Risk & Associate Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation;
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours;
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Professional qualification, ACA or ACCA
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of accounting standards (UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Relevant financial statements preparation experience
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).