In 2022, JTC acquired an established offering in Wilmington, Delaware.
The State of Delaware has been a recognized leader and innovator in trust and corporate law since carving out a separate court for business disputes in the State Constitution in 1776. It is a leading US-domestic jurisdiction for trusts due to well-established and flexible trust and tax laws, along with a supportive Governor, legislature and Chancery Court. Delaware was the first state to permit directed trusts, which allows the grantor to split the traditional responsibilities of a trustee between two or more fiduciaries. This approach gives the grantor more flexibility and control with respect to investments.
JTC helps wealthy individuals and families who are based all over the globe to manage their estate, tax and assets efficiently. In the USA, JTC can offer a complementary suite of Delaware, South Dakota and Wyoming trust services.
US – Delaware Key Facts
- Modern and forward-thinking trust statutes: Dynasty Trusts, Directed Trusts, Asset Protection Trusts, Silent Trusts
- Eastern US Time zone
- Tax advantaged status for trusts domiciled in Delaware
- Robust protections for grantors and beneficiaries
- Flexibility: trust reformation, modification and decanting of trusts
- Robust infrastructure with an experienced and skilled workforce
- 67% of Fortune 500 companies are Delaware entities
- There are more companies incorporated in Delaware than there are residents
- National currency is the United States Dollar (USD)
Services & Sectors
JTC serves affluent, high net worth and ultra-high net worth domestic and international individuals and families. JTC Delaware’s established offering provides local administration of Delaware trusts and superior service under JTC’s global, publicly traded brand.
Services include directed trusts, dynasty trusts, trust protector, asset protection, silent trusts, beneficiary notice, reformation, modification, decanting, Delaware statutory trusts, 1031 tax exchange and insurance trusts, among others.
200 Bellevue Parkway,
Wilmington, DE 19809