Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Administrator to join our team in Mauritius.
Purpose of Job
The role holder will be responsible for economic substance data processing and economic substance notifications for our BVI and Cayman offices. The candidate may also be required to assist in client tax compliance matters from time to time, under the supervision of the Line Manager.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Process data collected from clients on economic substance and input onto Viewpoint, our core administration system.
- Confirm economic substance classification to clients by way of letter.
- Send annual economic substance questionnaires to clients.
- Work with the BVI and Cayman teams in collecting and processing economic substance data.
- Check, maintain and ensure accuracy of the central diary system relevant to economic substance questionnaires, to ensure deadlines are recorded and subsequently achieved.
- Ensure that internal procedures and controls are properly followed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification including Accounting and Finance, or currently studying a relevant professional qualification (eg. ACCA).
- Experience in an Accounting role.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.