Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of job
The primary functions of a Supervisor is to check and supervise the tasks required to successfully complete a NAV
(Being an A Signatory). In certain circumstances a Supervisor may also be required to perform these tasks. An additional function is to produce financial statements in accordance with the most relevant accounting standards for an allocated portfolio of clients.
- CA SA
- Completion of articles/trainee contract at an accounting/auditing firm
- Good accounting and investment product knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years investment fund administration or related experience (an advantage but not a prerequisite)
- Ability to produce work accurately, on time and sometimes under pressure
- Good technical knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS/UK GAAP)
- Good communicator
- Able to manage own time and projects
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and pro-active in nature
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Check and authorise payments (as an A Signatory) to ensure the payment has been correctly prepared and the correct instructions are going to be processed.
- Check and approve valuations (as an A Signatory) to ensure all the required information has been captured and processed correctly resulting in the expected valuation movement.
- Supervise others to ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness in performing the following functions:
- Reviewing and ensure all documentation are in place for investment purchases and sales / distributions
- Executing investment purchase transactions
- Setting-up and capturing of investments on the relevant accounting system
- Monitoring of distributions / sales proceeds receivable and capturing of these on the relevant accounting system
- Preparation of accurate quarterly (pre fair market value and post fair market value) accounts (including capital statements for investors)
- Preparation of accurate expense and accrual calculations, including management and admin fee calculation.
- Performing weekly cash reconciliations and proper investigation and resolution of any reconciling differences.
- Performing daily cash management (including preparing payment and transfer instructions) and updating the cash transactions on the relevant accounting system.
- Capturing daily cash movements as well as trades and updating transactions in the relevant accounting system.
- Investigating and answering queries with auditors and clients.
- Ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures; client service level agreements and internal controls.
- Sending out valuation e-mails to pre-defined distribution lists.
- Preparation of call and distribution notices.
- Sending out call and distribution notices to pre-defined distribution lists.
- Monitoring and capturing of call money received and following up on outstanding calls.
- Completion and performing of other sundry administrative tasks, including filing of quarter end accounts.
- Completion of quarterly statutory returns.
- Accurately updating and maintaining relevant sections in the KPI spreadsheet.
- Coach and supervise other team members (including training and coordinating the training of new team members) to ensure the team functions as a cohesive unit.
- Actively participate in ensuring all processes and procedures are properly documented and adhered to ensure no accounting errors occur and the team has latency in place.
- Query and issue resolution within the team (whether it’s the relevant accounting system or system issues, or client or custodian issues) to ensure no queries or issues result in an error, breach or client dissatisfaction.
- Investigate errors, complete the required JTC error reporting process and implement the required remedial action in order to ensure the error is not repeated.
- Actively and continually identify and report high risk areas and gaps in processes to ensure the identification and escalation of risks and gaps.
- Participate actively in projects, specifically risk reduction and efficiency gain projects relevant to the related fund admin teams to ensure the successful implement and completion of the specific Fund Admin project actions and timelines.
- Check GFSC quarterly statutory returns in order to ensure JTC satisfies the fund regulatory obligations.
- Produce financial statements in accordance with the JTC policies and procedures accurately with the regulatory deadlines and the deadlines agreed with the client.
- To project manage the client audit process according to an agreed timetable to ensure all parties are delivering as agreed and the manager is informed of any obstacles and/or delays.
- Quickly and diligently address client queries and questions to ensure resolution thereof and to establish and maintain a good working relationship with client.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).