Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
The role holder will make a contribution to the team, providing support for service delivery to UK corporates under the supervision of the line manager. You will develop and demonstrate a clear understanding of the each client’s portfolio, including risk awareness, relationship management and contractual and statutory obligations.
You will also act as a first preparer of statutory documents and other documentation and prepare them for signature, following the internal JTC processes.
The role will require the employee to develop an understanding of company structures and listed fund structures and develop an understanding of the principles of corporate governance and compliance and apply these principles as transactions arise. There will also be the opportunity to provide support to special projects such as AGM’s and corporate actions.
This role provides an opportunity for someone with basic administration and company secretarial experience to develop their career and support will be provided to undertake the CGI qualification.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Administrative support to the London Company Secretarial and Governance Team.
- Board meeting preparation including collation and production of board packs including the use of electronic board portals
- Attendance at board and committee meetings with administrative responsibilities
- Maintaining the records for the committees and boards
- Complete Banking Administration duties which include e.g. account opening procedures
- Organising, updating and maintaining board meeting calendars and schedules
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory filings and statutory record management.
- Client KYC and AML procedures
- Assist more senior members of the team, to deliver to agreed scope and timescales
- All administrative matters in relation to ensuring good record keeping management.
- Take responsibility for various other aspects of our service offering, including undertaking office administration including post administration, filing and project work as appropriate
- Assist with billing and cash collection / debtors process, have an awareness of recoverability and work in an efficient manner so as to minimise write-offs
- Any other ad hoc tasks required to support the team
- Good organisational capability
- With guidance, you will carry out your duties in a professional manner and in accordance with policies and procedures, legal/regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions and act as a guide to the Department in this respect
- Adhere to Risk & Associate Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation;
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures;
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours;
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Proactive self-starter
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Degree 2:1, or equivalent, is desirable
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.