Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
JTC acquired Segue Partners (Segue), an innovative fund services business head-quartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA in September 2021.
Founded in 2010, Segue provides a range of sophisticated fund solutions to meet the needs of private equity, venture capital, debt funds and family offices. Segue also delivers accounting services specifically designed to meet the needs of entrepreneurs, portfolio companies and start-ups.
Segue enhances JTC’s fund services presence in the US, providing an additional scalable platform that is well positioned for growth and complements the Group’s existing US footprint, including its focus on world-class technology. Concurrently, JTC’s more than 30 years of experience in serving listed funds and international clients in a global market that is increasingly complex and highly regulated confers huge benefits to Segue’s existing and future clients.
Segue’s Midwest location facilitates expansion throughout North America and the company has strong and long-lasting relationships with a diverse range of clients across 10 US States and Canada. The acquisition brings with it a depth of asset class expertise, particularly within the venture capital space.
Purpose of Job
You will be leading a team of financial associates responsible for financial accounting for our clients’ businesses while also building and maintaining client relationships. You will contribute to our business development and ongoing operations activities.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Review monthly and quarterly client reporting package and ensure a high level of accuracy is achieved at all times;
- Review and approve activity while ensuring the legal terms of the client are adhered to;
- Proactively managing accounting staff’s workflow ensuring set deadlines are met;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients;
- Ensure client audit requests are fulfilled by the accounting staff and assist other fund participants and advisors;
- Maintenance of treasury and banking activity as assigned;
- Responsible for mentoring, training, and managing Senior Financial Associates and Financial Associates;
- Participate in new business development;
- Engage in pricing strategy discussions for new clients;
- Review a broad range of financial, compliance, and legal matters
- Execute and implement operations, process, and software improvements
- Review and approve staff timesheets and client invoices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting essential. Masters advantageous.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in venture capital or private equity
- Allvue or Investran Experience advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive team player with a strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with advanced skills in Excel
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong supervisory
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).