Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of the Treasury function, acting as a conduit between Administrators and core banks on matters relating to the operation of the Diversified Cash Management Service, Liquidity Cash Management and Tailored service, maintenance of liquidity, accrued interest, profitability, maturity analysis and other models to ensure the arrangement operates within agreed parameters and reconciles to core systems such as BankClarity.
Assistance with the implementation of various initiatives aimed at improving Treasury offerings is also a key requirement of the role.
- A leader who possessed a strong management with operational background with good interpersonal / influencing skills and cultural awareness
- Self-directed and hands-on individual that does not need a large amount of infrastructure
- High levels of commerciality, strategic thinking and an ability to translate complex issues to straightforward direction and deliver through the appropriate channels
- Resilient and dependable individual with strong work ethic, ‘goes the extra mile’, and with a passion for the role/JTC
- Extensive experience in CDD, AML and Financial crime P&Ps
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Check daily payments are processed to include ensuring adequate liquidity is held to cover payments, first authorising Treasury transactions and monitoring execution while ensuring no overdrawn accounts are permitted on any Treasury accounts
- Undertake daily pull-ins on spreadsheets and balance and income reconciliation models and ensure mirror bookkeeping in client ledger, escalating any discrepancies promptly
- Ensure reconciliation of accruing client interest between BankClarity and the internal model and that adequate funds are held on the Realised interest accounts to cover accruing client interest.
- Update Treasury Key Performance indicators (KPI) on daily basis, escalating any discrepancies as needed
- Oversee instructions from Administrators to transact FOREX deals, obtaining indication rates where requested and executing where instructed
- Consider maturity profile of various Treasury pools and discuss with the Liquidity Management Committee possible changes to bank deposit profile to maximise blended interest rate whilst maintaining a sufficiently balanced profile to ensure (so far as is reasonably possible) adequate liquidity is maintained to meet client payment requirements
- Update liquidity model with anticipated movements (inwards and outwards), new and closing accounts and ensure a regular dialogue with CST to ensure this is kept up to date as a tool for predictive liquidity
- Responsibility for ensuring that data on BankClarity and Viewpoint is up to date and reconciled to the bank accounts with our core banks
- Carry out training to all new staff on operation of Treasury products and general Treasury training and help promote Treasury services within the business to include regular meetings with CSTs to consider new funds/accounts, advance notice of possible withdrawals and potential closures
- Provide cover for direct reports of Treasury Officer and Assistant Treasury Officer including ongoing training, performance plans, performance management, interim and full year appraisals and holiday management
- Provide supervisory cover of the Treasury Officer and supply training where necessary and deputise for the Head of Banking & Treasury and Treasury Officer when either are absent
- Maintain relationship with core Banks and attend service reviews and meetings as required by Head of Banking & Treasury
- Ensure all documentation relating to Treasury Services is up to date and that P&Ps are reviewed to ensure ongoing applicability
- Prepare and maintain procedure notes on all aspects of Treasury operations, review on a regular basis to ensure applicability
- Prepare and distribute monthly report to Client Services Team
- Act as new Bank account opening gatekeeper (core banks and Treasury solutions) for the team and monitor new bank account opening process
- Work within regulatory requirements of JFSC
- Assist with implementation of new Treasury initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of Treasury budgets and monitoring thereof including monitoring of interest rates set and external market trends to ensure rates at both Bank and Client levels remain competitive
- Manage JTC office balance to maximise interest return whilst retaining sufficient liquidity and complying with requirements
- Promote and support the Group’s culture, vision, values and reputation within the marketplace, in addition to the employees, clients, intermediaries and any official bodies
- Ensure that the spirit of JTC is engendered and shared within the Group
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.