Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Are you currently an accounts administrator looking to achieve your highest potential within a friendly, driven and ambitious team? Are you interested in acquiring the accounting skills to complete the reporting statements for a mixture of Limited Company, Share Trusts and International Employee Benefit plans? We are seeking an accounts administrator who has exceptional attention to detail and an interest to move to a varied role working within a dedicated finance team while building effective relationships with all our internal and external stakeholders.
Purpose of Job
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely financial accounts for a variety of Limited Companies, Share Trusts and International Retirement Savings and Pension Plans. Working as part of a small team to deliver regular monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc financial statements. Financial statements are completed to the highest level of accuracy and always within agreed service levels. Through organising and prioritising workflow and actively seeking new ways to improve procedures they will provide optimum levels of customer service to the clients. They will develop and share with other team members technical knowledge wherever possible
- Experience of working within an accounting environment-preferably within a team.
- An understanding of the accounting formats for Limited Companies, Share Trusts and International Retirement Savings and Plans would be advantageous.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Proven record of creating efficiencies and process improvement
- Strong ability to investigate and respond to complex queries
- Strong organisational skills and interpersonal skills
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Effectively use own initiative and demonstrate high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of annual and monthly financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and in line with relevant deadlines
- Overseeing year end audits and dealing with auditor queries
- Liaising with other JTC teams to ensure ledgers and records are maintained in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring cost of production meets budget targets for each set of accounts;
- Training / assisting other members of the team as and when appropriate;
- Be responsible for delivering allocated workload within agreed timeframes;
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ad hoc projects as directed
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional accounting qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).