Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and disciplined Senior Administrator to join our growing Risk & Compliance function.
The successful candidate will work within a highly talented team within an environment that respects everyone’s contribution and helps employees to develop.
Purpose of job
To act as a member of the Risk and Compliance function, supporting the Guernsey Head of Risk & Compliance in maintaining a robust compliance culture throughout the business. This includes a proactive Risk & Compliance advisory service that supports all business functions.
- Relevant Professional qualification
- Familiarity with the GFSC AML Handbook
- Previous pensions experience ideal (but not essential)
- Broad level knowledge and experience of compliance monitoring
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
Main responsibility and duties
- Conducting customer on-boarding and risk reviews through reviewing of new business packs and liaising with other departments to address any issues raised following review.
- Assist with the monitoring and checking of new business documentation in order to ensure that the JTC standard is upheld at all times.
- Assist with providing advice and guidance to stakeholders in relation to risk, compliance and AML matters.
- Assist with regulatory reporting, submissions and approval requests to the GFSC.
- Client reviews to include all matters relating to Client Risk Reviews and Review Meetings.
- Compliance / transactional monitoring in accordance with regulatory and business requirements.
- Monitor and report effectively on key Risk and Compliance indicators.
- Manage and mitigate risk through an independent programme of thematic reviews and quality assurance checking.
- Employ a range of investigative techniques including file reviews, desk-based analysis and in depth interviewing.
- Ensure accurate schedules of findings and key review documentation is maintained.
- Meeting and communicating effectively with members of staff at all levels in order to take forward action points arising.
- Assisting with the reviewing, updating and maintenance of Compliance registers, including following-up with team members and stakeholders to ensure registers are complete and up to date.
- Undertaking research and conducting client screening checks (open source internet checks, Google searches, adverse media searches and WorldCheck reference checks) to support the R&C team.
- Assist in reviewing or following up on breaches and errors.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the AML Manual and other key Risk and Compliance documentation and procedures.
- Liaise with Corporate Governance in respect of any required amendments to procedures arising from on-going mapping of procedures to the Codes of Practice.
- Promote awareness of regulatory principles and requirements on a day to day basis and contribute to the education of other members of staff in this regard.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).