Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Client Accountant to join our team in Mauritius
Purpose of job
The role holder will be responsible for the maintenance of bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients, regularly liaising with our offices in other jurisdictions.
- Currently studying the ACCA professional qualification – Level 2;
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a corporate global environment;
- Excellent communication, team work and organisational skills.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with IFRS and applicable accounting standards;
- Maintenance of bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients and other JTC group offices;
- Attend to audit queries and liaise with auditors and ensure finalisation of audit within relevant deadlines;
- Assist in the review of client accounts and preparation of management information reports within set deadlines;
- Maintain a schedule of investments for a portfolio of clients;
- Maintain and update the list of properties held by client entities per jurisdiction;
- Implement agreed strategies and ensure adherence to policies and procedures;
- Ensure tax filing and tax compliance for the portfolio of clients;
- Handle tax inquiries, schedule meetings with tax advisors/clients/ intermediaries, attend phone calls and subsequent follow-ups
We are JTC, a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services to institutional and private clients. Established in 1987, we now have over 900 people in offices in multiple jurisdictions across six continents, with assets under administration totalling over US$130billion. The principle of true shared ownership culture means we all share the same priority: the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).