Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Client Accountant to join our team in Mauritius.
Purpose of job
The role holder will be responsible for the maintenance of bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients, regularly liaising with our offices in other jurisdictions.
- Currently studying the ACCA professional qualification;
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a corporate global environment;
- Excellent communication, team work and organisational skills.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements for Trusts, Companies, Funds, LLPs in accordance with applicable accounting standards;
- Preparation of accounting reports and of monthly/quarterly management accounts as required by clients;
- Maintenance of bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients and other group offices;
- Attend to audit queries, liaise with auditors and ensure finalisation of audit within relevant deadlines;
- Assist in the review of client accounts and preparation of management information reports within set deadlines;
- Maintain and update schedule of investments/properties for a portfolio of clients;
- Ensure tax filing and tax compliance for the portfolio of clients;
- Handle tax inquiries, schedule meetings with tax advisors/clients/ intermediaries, attend to phone calls and subsequent follow-ups;
- Prepare VAT/Tax schedules and reports as required for submissions;
- Deliver work as per SLAs and relevant KPIs.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
If you would like to join team JTC, please apply on line.