18 November 2020, 11.00AM PT / 7.00PM GMT
The event is free and open to the public to attend. For more information or to register click here.
JTC and NES Financial, a JTC Company, will be hosting a digital webinar entitled ‘Private Equity Trends: Fundraising in the EU’ on 18 November.
In recent years, increasing competition among private equity firms has led many GPs to consider fundraising abroad however, courting international investors brings novel challenges and risks.
Despite the potential hurdles, we believe there’s never been a better time for private equity firms to target European investors: current regulations are favourable, there are many viable routes to market, and initial efforts can be made with relatively little commitment of resources.
Our speakers include:
- Wouter Plantenga, ICS Head of Group Client Services at JTC
- Marie Fitzpatrick, Senior Director – Fund Services at JTC
- Gregory Kok, Head of Group – JTC Management Company at JTC
- Alexandrine Armstrong-Cerfontaine, Partner at Goodwin Procter
- Terence Crikelair, Managing Partner at Champlain Advisors
The panel will discuss best practices in fundraising abroad, what European investors are looking for, which fund structures to consider, and how to avoid potential pitfalls. Topics which will be covered include:
- How US funds can market to EU investors
- Various fund and depositary structures
- Pros/cons of different routes to market
- Current EU marketing laws (and changes expected in 2021)
- AIFMD vs. National Private Placement Regime (NPPR)
- “Testing the waters”: Structuring your initial marketing efforts
- European guidelines on mandatory ESG reporting
- What are European investors looking for? (e.g. how does a fund’s “impact story” influence its appeal?)
Who should attend?
- Fund managers and GPs
- Registered investment advisors
- Fund lawyers
For further information on the webinar or to find out about our services in the US please contact Wouter, Marie or Greg directly.