Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
The HR BP is the designated HR contact for the UK and Ireland within Group and supporting the Managing Directors and their management teams to ensure divisional goals are achieved, through effective performance management of their people. This includes building strong credible partnering relationships at a senior level, the representation of HR where appropriate within management meetings and supporting with the delivery of HR strategies to support the divisional and group objectives.
This role has HR BP responsibilities, and responsibility for policies, procedures and handbooks for their divisions/ jurisdiction, ensuring best practise and consistency, and providing expert advice on employee relations matters.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
HR Business Partner (Division / Jurisdiction)
- Partner with the Managing Director and management team to translate business strategy into HR priorities and actionable goals. The target population for this role is to work within the ICS division in the UK and Ireland and working in partnership with the HR BPs in other jurisdictions.
- To assist the division with organisational design and any restructuring and organisational changes. Additionally to contribute to the development of effective workforce planning within the relevant division and proactively work with the Group Resourcing Specialist to manage the recruitment, resourcing and hiring process for the division to ensure that JTC recruits the best talent in the most cost effective way in adherence with mandatory recruitment and assessment requirements.
- Work in partnership with the Managing Director to identify top talent within the division and to align the development and reward and recognition of these individuals.
- To develop a robust succession plan for the division and jurisdiction.
- Provide assistance with delivery of ongoing business performance improvements and ensure that any HR intervention reinforces JTC’s brand, high performance culture, and commerciality.
- Develop close working relationships with business area Directors / Managers as required, providing advice in response to HR procedural / policy issues and developing solutions or recommendations to meet business priorities.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of regulatory and offshore requirements and group strategies to ensure that appropriate HR policies are in place and enforced.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance in relation to the interpretation and/or application of HR policies and procedures and/or statutory requirements.
- Advise and coach managers on JTC’s reward framework, policies and principles i.e. roles and levels, promotion, career pathways, and the application of our compensation and benefits strategy including shared ownership.
- Effectively manage any ER issues i.e. disciplinary, grievance procedures and dismissals to minimise internal and external reputational risk.
- Provide continuous feedback to divisional leadership as well as other areas within HR on a range of business and HR issues. (Informal v formal reporting requirements)
Employee Relations (Group)
- Act as SME in Employment Legislation to ensure JTC compliance with local jurisdictional requirements; produce a quarterly update on all future legislative changes in the jurisdiction.
- Provide guidance to other HR team members on employee relations matters, ensuring adherence to legislation and best practice, on areas including but not limited to discrimination, GDPR, equal opportunities, disciplinary, grievance and capability.
Policies, Procedures & Handbooks (Group)
- Ensure the HR policies, procedures and Handbooks for the jurisdiction are regularly reviewed and updated at least on an annual basis or in line with legislation and best practice.
- Establish new policies, procedures and handbooks in new jurisdictions, as part of acquisition or organise business growth and impart new knowledge of the new jurisdiction’s legislation, policies and procedures to the rest of the HR team.
General HR Team (Group)
- Line management responsibilities.
- Conduct exit interviews and identify and report trends or patterns to the Group.
- Research, manage and implement successful delivery of assigned HR activities, projects and tasks within agreed timelines, including activities which support the Performance and
- Reward cycle and Learning and Development initiatives.
- Undertake assigned project work as may be required.
- Taking the HR lead on acquisitions within . This may include drafting harmonisation proposals, review of data collation, consultation process with employees, producing documents and managing the on boarding of acquired employees.
- Actively contribute and be a key member of a multi jurisdictional HR team building effective working relationships to ensure procedures are accurately followed, allowing for continuity of service during busy periods or times of absence.
- Uphold the professional standards expected of an HR practitioner and act as a role model of excellence with all clients, internally and externally.
- Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality and security in terms of employee data and business information and consider the impact of GDPR on all activities undertaken.
- Maintain accuracy when handling data and ensure that the integrity of processes is maintained. Follow four eye check protocol and fully complete check lists as required, including providing assistance to other HR colleagues who need support with four eye checks.
- Contribute to the wider HR team, supporting ad hoc projects, exchanging knowledge and supporting standards of good practice.
- Developing self and maintaining knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Consistently demonstrate JTC core values and expected behaviours.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent.
- Proven experience partnering with the business on a broad spectrum of HR activities such as employment relations, talent & succession planning, recognition and reward and employee wellness.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).