Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
The role reports into the Senior Manager, ICS, and is based in Edinburgh and will be part of a dedicated multi-location team created to manage the review of investor due diligence, transactions, screening information for investors in collective investment schemes.
The Senior Administrator will be part of a small team, whose role will be to ensure that relevant internal control and regulatory requirements are followed with regards to the on boarding and ongoing reviews of the investors Anti Money Laundering status.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Review investor anti money laundering / client due diligence risks to the collective investment schemes and review appropriate documents from connected / linked parties e.g. ultimate beneficial owners, beneficiaries, controlling parties and authorised representatives.
- Perform checks and provide guidance relating to various investor customer due diligence, including but not limited to natural persons, regulated nominees and trustees, pensions, trusts, and complex corporate structures from either periodic reviews or BAU trigger events
- Conduct remediation projects around identifying / verifying and source of wealth there are known deficiencies on the register
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance
- Ensure that screening of client databases are undertaken within World Check and that any positive or possible matches are escalated and consider settings in system as being accurate and fit for purpose
- To comply with regulatory regimes in which JTC operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Data Protection and Financial Crime regulations as appropriate to the role
- Awareness and adherence to contractual and statutory obligations under the Group’s policies, procedures and guidelines, including the Group’s core values and expected behaviours
- Ensure a professional service is provided to clients and intermediaries
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture
- Adhere to all JTC procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and anti money laundering, financial crime and terrorist financing legislation.
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours;
- To carry out any other activities which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues working under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Eye for detail and willingness to question current state practices
- Ability to use sound judgment to determine due diligence quality and if meets regulatory standards.
- To be quality driven aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and the regulatory environment is highly (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Completer / finisher
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Preferred but not essential – Professional qualification
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).