Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
This role involves ensuring that INDOS fulfils its responsibilities under the depositary requirements of the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD). The role will focus on our diverse range of private equity, real estate and debt fund clients, including investment trusts listed on the London Stock Exchange as well as UK and non-EU limited partnership and fund structures.
Purpose of Job
The Depositary Manager is responsible for ensuring that INDOS fulfils its responsibilities under the depositary requirement of the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD). Reporting to the Depositary Director, the Depositary Manager is responsible for a number of client funds and carrying out reviews of those funds in a timely manner in accordance with internal procedures.
The role will also entail the support, training and management of the analyst team whilst ensuring the effective ongoing provision of depositary services to INDOS’s PERE client base.
- Experience in Depositary, Trustee or Fund Accounting of private equity or real estate funds;
- Experience of managing a team;
- Experience of working with a portfolio of clients;
- Self-managed and proactive at all times;
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving abilities; and
- Excellent planning and organisation.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Review fund valuations and accounts, in line with department defined timelines and procedures, to ensure they have been completed accurately and in accordance with the fund documentation;
- Review asset registers and ensure procedures are undertaken to verify the fund’s ownership of said assets;
- Review daily cash flow monitoring of fund bank accounts;
- Ensure funds are compliant with fund documentation and any issues are identified, logged, reported and resolved in a timely manner;
- Review drawdowns and distributions and ensure the expected procedures have been followed;
- Co-ordinate with fund administrators and managers to ensure that the depositary duties can be undertaken and all necessary information is received in a timely manner;
- Review periodic client and fund board reports;
- Present reports to board at periodic board meetings;
- Deal with any client queries and/or concerns;
- Attend on-site visits to fund administrators and investment managers;
- Ensure readiness for annual SOC assurance testing and assist with responses to any points raised in the SOC review process and queries resulting from the SOC report.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.