Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
A great opportunity has arisen within our Risk & Compliance Team in Guernsey for an experienced Compliance Senior Manager to ensure all client compliance requirements are met and a proactive risk and compliance advisory service is provided across all business functions.
Purpose of job
As a senior member of the Guernsey Risk & Compliance team, you will have a primary focus on ensuring Guernsey regulatory and client compliance requirements are met and executed and all regulatory reporting and submissions are completed. This role will involve managing the Compliance Administrators in the team to ensure a proactive risk and compliance advisory service is provided across all business functions. You will assume regulatory approved named positions for Client Licensees and take on the associated responsibilities of such positions.
It is imperative that the successful applicant holds a relevant compliance qualification, has strong knowledge of Guernsey regulatory and AML requirements, has a passion for client service and has impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
A good understanding of funds and fiduciary regulations, especially the GFSC AML Handbook, POI Law and COB rules is required as is experience working within compliance in the funds and trust industry. The ability to work as part of a team, problem solve, prioritise, manage time effectively, be adaptable and have exceptional attention to detail are key elements of the role.
Specific Experience and Required Skills
- Extensive experience of working in a compliance team within the finance environment (administration of funds/trusts/both)
- Strong knowledge of GFSC rules and regulations, the new AML Handbook CDD/ AML practices
- Experienced in managing teams
- Proven ability to communicate and motivate via written media and verbal form.
- Strong experience of working within the funds, trust and company environment (ideally with some exposure to all three), preferably with past experience with complex structures
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking on GFSC prescribed named positions (Compliance Officer, MLCO, MLRO) for POI Licensed entities and the associated responsibilities of such positions;
- Managing, and taking ownership of, responsibilities in respect of any regulatory requirements with auditors, custodians, regulators and others, preparing compliance documentation and reports as required, including those to be submitted to GFSC.
- Identifying, recommending and developing new AML, CTF and Compliance policies and procedures or improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance to the business and client licensees in relation to risk, compliance and AML issues.
- Managing, mentoring and coaching assigned staff within the Risk & Compliance team to include holiday approval and performance appraisals.
- Acting as deputy to the Head of Risk and Compliance in Guernsey and taking on associated responsibilities during the absence of the Head of Risk and Compliance in Guernsey.
- Managing regulatory reporting, submissions and approval requests to the GFSC.
- Managing the execution of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) and testing.
- Managing the delivery and presentation of the Licensee Board Compliance Reports and any other group-related Compliance reporting requirements.
- Managing and assisting with the clearing of Breaches and Errors, identifying trends and areas of improvement to facilitate more informed, accurate and timely reporting of breaches and errors.
- Developing informative and value-adding risk and compliance MI for further use in client, Board and Group-related reporting.
- Identifying areas of efficiency and improvement and highlight where there are pragmatic solutions and suggestions to be implemented.
- Promoting education and awareness of regulatory principles and requirements on a day to day basis.
- Adhering to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation.
- Adhering to JTC core values and expected behaviours.
- Assisting in ensuring that a compliance culture is embedded across the company.
- Any ad-hoc Risk & Compliance projects and other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. Founded in 1987, we have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).