Sailesh Navsaria, Group director and head of business development for Africa, is speaking at the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Policy Network (in collaboration with the Bank of Africa, Ghana) webinar as a special guest to discuss the rules of origin.
Sailesh has over 30 years’ experience working in fiduciary and banking settings. He has wide-ranging experience of building client and professional relationships and in developing business across Africa (where he has both lived and worked) and Europe. As a trusted advisor, Sailesh specialises in guiding successful families in their succession and private client strategies, also assisting corporate entities, impact investors and development finance institutions with aspects of their cross-border structuring.
The AfCFTA Policy Network was established in 2019 as an international non-governmental organization (NGO). It acts as a think tank to create, develop, and deliver relevant and quality resource, information streams and systems to positively impact the continental network of traders, regulatory authorities and policy makers to assure maximum value.
Sailesh will be joined by other experts to discuss the rules of origin for exporters and importers, traders, the private sector and entrepreneurs. These experts include:
- Unami Tlhole – Trade rules of origin expert
- Fechin Akoto – Assistant commissioner (tariff & trade) – customs division of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA)
- Dr Francis Mageni – Head of programmes / AfCFTA secretariat
- Shady El Safty – Director of manufacturing, quality & engineering at General Motors
- H.E. Mrs Imane Ouaadil – Morocco Ambassador to Ghana
The webinar will take place on 20 February 2021 at 2pm GMT.