With its modern trust and company legislation and well-established track record as an international finance centre, Guernsey is widely seen as a desirable place to do business.
Guernsey specialises in a variety of areas including banking, insurance and funds, as well as trust and company services. It is a world-leading location in which to conduct investment fund business and in particular alternative investments with over five decades of experience in dealing with a variety of asset classes.
Guernsey has been on the OECD’s ‘White List’ of approved jurisdictions since 2009 and has signed up to a series of tax information exchange agreements (TIEAs).
Guernsey Key Facts
- Leading offshore financial centre
- Mature legal system based on English common law
- Sophisticated corporate legislation
- Leading global jurisdiction for banking, funds, insurance and trust and company services
- A leading international finance centre, particularly in relation to funds and listed entities on the TISE and the LSE
- Robust regulatory regime
- Tax neutrality
- Political and economic stability
- Solid infrastructure
- Gateway to the UK