On 11 July 2023, Marcel Imery, director in JTC’s New York office, hosted his third webinar titled, ‘LATAM Start-up Businesses in the USA: Legal and Tax issues’, for his six-part LATAM start-up series.
Marcel was joined by guest speakers Larry Tauber and Jerry Cohen, partners from Cohen Tauber Spievack & Wagner, Roberto Macho, partner from UHY Macho & Associates, Federico García, Entrepreneur and CEO of Qurable and Morella Salazar, partner from Salazar Dager & Associates.
THE GROUP DISCUSSED THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- Why LATAM start-ups choose to open in the US
- The challenges of launching a start-up in the US
- Holding company vs. operating company – What you should consider
- Types of legal entities, place of incorporation and place of “control and management”
- Legal, tax, accounting, immigration and employment considerations
- And more…
The experts shared their experiences and expertise for start-up co-founders and venture capital fund managers who focus on Latin America.
This webinar is now on-demand. To access the on-demand recording, please fill in the form on this page.