London is known as the leading finance centre in Europe and one of the top-tier international financial centres in the world due to it’s favourable legislation and good positioning.
London’s time zone means that its business hours overlap those of the Middle East, America and Asia.
United Kingdom Key Facts
- Recognised as a hub for international capital flows With close links with the Channel Islands
- A premier financial city for banking, insurance, foreign exchange, bond trading, accounting and legal services
- Home to the London Stock Exchange, AIM and SFS markets
- A common law system which is attractive to foreign business
- Mature and sophisticated infrastructure. Stable legal and regulatory system
- National currency is Pound Sterling (GBP)