A virtual event from JTC
Thursday, July 7th, 2022 at 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
The EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act of 2022 requires Regional Centers to work with a third-party fund administrator or conduct an annual GAAP audit. Which should you choose?
On June 24th, 2022, a federal court granted a preliminary injunction in the case of Behring Regional Center, LLC, v. Alejandro Mayorkas, et al., overturning the USCIS decision to deauthorize all existing Regional Centers. This means that for the time being, new investors may file I-526 petitions. Regional Centers must move quickly to get in compliance with the law’s slate of new rules in order to take advantage of this ruling.
One of the key integrity measures imposed on Regional Centers by the Reform and Integrity Act is that all offerings must involve a third-party fund administrator except in certain circumstances. Exceptions include when the NCE is controlled by a broker-dealer or investment adviser and if the NCE elects to commission an annual audit. Many Regional Centers are now in the process of deciding whether to use a third-party administrator or submit to the audit. If the costs are comparable, how can you know what’s right for you?
To make sure our clients and colleagues understand what the law requires and how to make the most informed choice, JTC hosted a free webinar on July 7th. The event will feature a panel of experts discussing the specifics of the new rules, the ramifications of a choice to forego fund administration, and what to understand before making your decision.
Discussion topics may include:
- The potential cost of an annual audit vs. the cost of third-party fund administration
- What services third-party administrators like JTC Americas offer
- Benefits fund administration can provide beyond eliminating the need for an annual audit
- How co-signatory and escrow agent services go hand-in-hand with fund administration
- Best practices in recordkeeping, tracking of capital, and document storage, and what it would take to do these things without a fund administrator
Learn about the new era of EB-5 from industry experts. Fill out the form to the right and watch the webinar replay today.