Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
JTC acquired Segue Partners (Segue), an innovative fund services business head-quartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA in September 2021.
Founded in 2010, Segue provides a range of sophisticated fund solutions to meet the needs of private equity, venture capital, debt funds and family offices. Segue also delivers accounting services specifically designed to meet the needs of entrepreneurs, portfolio companies and start-ups.
Segue enhances JTC’s fund services presence in the US, providing an additional scalable platform that is well positioned for growth and complements the Group’s existing US footprint, including its focus on world-class technology. Concurrently, JTC’s more than 30 years of experience in serving listed funds and international clients in a global market that is increasingly complex and highly regulated confers huge benefits to Segue’s existing and future clients.
Segue’s Midwest location facilitates expansion throughout North America and the company has strong and long-lasting relationships with a diverse range of clients across 10 US States and Canada. The acquisition brings with it a depth of asset class expertise, particularly within the venture capital space.
Purpose of Job
You will be working with a team of financial associates responsible for financial accounting for our clients’ businesses while also building and maintaining client relationships. You will contribute to our business development and ongoing operations activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is a must, Masters a plus or Finance or related field;
- 2+ years relevant experience is the best fit for the opportunity;
- Experience in venture capital or private equity a plus;
- Allvue or Investran experience a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate professionalism;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Proactive team player and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced skills in excel;
- Strong problem resolution skills.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete monthly and quarterly client reporting package and ensure a high level of accuracy is achieved at all times;
- Review and reconcile activity while ensuring the legal terms of the client are adhered to;
- Proactively managing your workflow ensuring set deadlines are met;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients;
- Fulfil client audit requests and assist other fund participants and advisors;
- Maintenance of treasury and banking activity as assigned;
- Responsible for mentoring and training of Financial Associates;
- Participate in new business development;
- Engage in pricing strategy discussions for new clients;
- Review a broad range of financial, compliance, and legal matters.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.