Welcome to JTC’s growing Fund Administration team in the US!
Purpose of Job
The role holder will be required to administer a client portfolio, under the supervision of a Line Manager. They should be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s portfolio, including risk awareness, relationship management and contractual and statutory obligations.
- Private equity or fund administration experience, ideally 2+ years, for this role.
- College degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred but not essential)
- Proficiency in MS Office. Strong Excel expertise
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines throughout the day
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the day-to-day investor servicing/onboarding, accounting, and reporting for private equity and real estate funds
- Processes general ledger activity for investor-level, fund-level, and investment-level transactions
- Processes investor subscription documentation and follows AML/KYC procedures
- Handles daily cash activity, wire transfers and bank reconciliations
- Prepares and reviews quarterly accounting packages, including partner allocations
- Assist with the oversight and training of junior members of the team
- Prepares and reviews US GAAP financial statements and partner capital statements
- Ensures fund waterfall and management fee calculations are interpreted in accordance with relevant fund operating documents, e.g. LP or LLC agreements
- Prepares and reviews investor capital call and distribution notices
- Assists external auditors during year-end audits
- Interacts with clients on day-to-day matters as well as on ad-hoc queries
- Participates in regular technology and information reviews, identifies potential changes and enhancements, and recommends alternatives for implementation
- Manage own billing and cash collection / debtors process, have an awareness of recoverability and work in an efficient manner so as to minimise write-offs
- Adhere to Risk & Associated Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures
- Adhere to the JTC core values and expected behaviours
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.