Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a growing team of investment professionals with significant experience in portfolio and risk management, compliance, fund take-on and fund operations.
Purpose of Job
You will join the portfolio management team and will report to the Designated Person, Investment Management. You role will require you to work across various functions such as Sales, Compliance, Finance and Senior Management as well as with the Promotor and the Fund board.
In order to carry out its discretionary investment management function, JTC Global AIFM Solutions is required to have the relevant expertise in the specific asset class.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as discretionary Portfolio Manager for all of the Firms Private Equity and Real Estate funds
- Engage with Investment Advisors on an ongoing basis as an AIFM delegate
- Initial due diligence to be carried on all new proposed Investment Advisors
- Carry out and evidence due diligence on new proposed investments
- Ensure all fund investments/divestments are in line with the fund’s investment policy and document by way of an appraisal
- Ensure liquidity of the fund is managed at all times and risk escalation process is followed if required
- Managing client payments, NAV reviews and financial statement co-ordination.
- Ensure all internal compliance matters are completed and evidenced e.g. PM checklist and NAV checklist
- Seek independent valuation in advance of the year-end, review and evidence review
- Sign off on valuation for the PE/RE funds following consultation with the operational team
- Report to the DP, Investment Management on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Work collaboratively with other members of the leadership team, portfolio management team and the wider business (fund management, portfolio intelligence, legal & compliance, operations and finance) to maintain an effective oversight function, remaining adaptable to reflect the continuously changing regulatory environment.
- Review and approve the investment strategies of the funds, including the appointment of underlying investment managers.
- Ensure suitable reporting flows and communication to facilitate an efficient oversight programme for the investment management function
- Ensure appropriate liquidity management policies and procedures for each fund
- Ensure appropriate level of liquidity is maintained for each fund
- Where applicable, leverage limits for funds are appropriate and complied with
- Keep abreast of all regulatory matters with respect to funds and in particular PE and RE funds
Key Relationships – Internal
- All employees of JTC including Senior Management, Sales, Compliance Risk & Operations
Key Relationships – External
- Other industry professionals such as lawyers, Auditors fund promoters/investment advisers
- Independent Valuers
- Fund Directors
- Prior experience in Private Equity, ideally at an AIFM or an Asset Manager
- Very good understanding of Irish AIFs and the Irish funds landscape
- Ability to manage multiple portfolios with minimal supervision
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).