Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
Purpose of job Responsibility for direct line reports.
Manage the overall service delivery of the clients, to ensure the following:
- That valuations are performed completely, accurately and within the required client deadlines
- Valuations/accounts are distributed accurately and on time to all parties.
- That all client queries are responded to and resolved to the satisfaction of the client within a reasonable timeframe
- Adherence to all agreed controls, policies and procedures
- Accurate and timeous payment instructions in accordance with supporting documentation
- That financial statements and other financial related information for client entities are produced accurately and on a timely basis, in accordance with the most relevant accounting standards and client driven requirements.
- That audits are completed in an efficient manner, within agreed deadlines and no overrun costs.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and monitor resources and capacity within the allocated ops team to ensure that all deliveries are maintained and service levels upheld.
- Manage and monitor the ongoing training, coaching to ensure the continuous development of staff in the team (this includes the performance management of direct line reports).
- Organise and hold regular meetings with your team and each individual member (one-on-one’s) to ensure regular communication.
- Manage all activities within the team in an positive effective way to instil a positive, solution oriented work environment within the team (this includes managing/monitoring the resolution of all issues and concerns applicable to the relevant team).
- Prepare and report Management Information (MI) on a monthly and ongoing in order for effective monitoring and reporting of the team’s operational performance.
- Report any compliance, service delivery or other breaches and/or errors according to specified procedure and reporting requirements to ensure effective escalation and timely resolution thereof.
- Participate in business improvements across processes, controls and systems to ensure they are effectively implemented within the team. This includes the monitoring, initiating and participating in any risk reduction/efficiency gaining projects impacting the team.
- Establish, document and implement new processes and controls as the need arises within the team.
- Manage and build a relationship with the clients in the team portfolio and actively drive and monitor service improvements to ensure client satisfaction.
- Project manage where required the take-on/launch of all new funds/clients allocated to the team to ensure operationally the team is ready (Managers should take overall responsibility for the operational readiness) and a relationship is established with the client where applicable.
- Investigate, report and implement (Take overall responsibility) the required corrective and/or preventative action for all operational errors and incidents which occurred in the team to ensure successful resolution and management of the error or incident.
- Where it is not possible to delegate to a Supervisor, check and authorise payments (as an A Signatory) to ensure the payment has been correctly prepared and correct instructions are processed.
- Where it is not possible to delegate to a Supervisor, check and approve valuations (as an A Signatory) to ensure all the required information has been captured and processed correctly resulting in the expected NAV movement.
- Monitor/review the production of financial statements for portfolio of clients in accordance with the applicable financial reporting standards.
- To monitor the client audit process internally according to an agreed timetable and regulatory deadlines to ensure all parties are delivering as agreed and resolve/escalate any obstacles and/or delays timely.
- Attend pre and post audit meetings to ensure audit planning, comments and recommendations as well as any post audit adjustments to be made to valuations are discussed.
- Monitor that all monthly/quarterly KPI spreadsheets and/or statutory returns are completed to ensure specific funds regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
- Monitor that the relevant sections in the delivery matrix are accurately updated and maintained to ensure all parties are aware of what has been completed and Oversight can promptly review the NAV where required.
- Complete/monitor all sundry administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) accurate / timely time recording and filing of Accounts / NAV within Viewpoint.
- Experience with leading a team (incl. checking and supervising the work of team members)
- Experience with dealing / interacting with clients
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- A relevant tertiary qualification preferably including Accounting; Finance; Investments
- Good accounting and investment product knowledge
- Minimum of 5 -10 years investment fund administration or related experience
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).