Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We are looking for an experienced enthusiastic individual with strong technical skills who is professionally qualified to join our Fund Client Services team as a Company Secretary, based in our Guernsey office.
Purpose of job
The team is responsible for delivering a high quality, full scope company secretarial service to JTC’s institutional clients, comprising Guernsey domiciled open and closed ended investment schemes, Listed investment companies and licensees.
This excellent opportunity will be suitable for candidates who already have experience working as a company secretary within the financial services sector and who hold a relevant industry qualification. They will be able to demonstrate proven administrative and organisation skills and an excellent level of attention to detail and technical competence.
The role holder will undertake a variety of company secretarial activities which will involve significant client contact requiring excellent communication skills. They will work closely with other members of the company secretarial team and be highly motivated to learn and develop in their career as well as mentor others.
- Proven track record of working on Fund and corporate structures and UK listed Companies with excellent technical knowledge of fund regulation and Listing rules of Guernsey and UK (including AIFMD & CRS/FATCA). It is preferred that experience has been gained through provision of services to Guernsey Companies with the successful candidate being able to demonstrate a history of strong relationships with client boards. Practiced at client interaction resulting in superb communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, analytic and report writing skills.
- Hold relevant industry qualifications (ICSA), (with a preference for Associate status (ACIS) but not essential)
- Excellent presentation skills
Main responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for service delivery to our Guernsey clients, whether it Funds or Corporate, and be the primary point of contact;
- Help more junior members of the team, deliver to agreed scope and timescales
- Understand the relevant legislation and ensuring that all activities undertaken meet legislative requirements
- Draft board papers, ensure board packs are assembled and distributed to client boards
- Attend and minute board meetings, travelling to client locations as required
- Draft other company materials including announcements and statutory filings, as appropriate
- Draft governance sections of annual and semi annual reports in conjunction with fund accountants and advisors
- Provide review and comment on corporate documentation as required by client and in conjunction with other advisors
- Liaise with auditors as required
- Keep clients’ records up to date and ensure all statutory registers are maintained
- Receive, monitor and keep up to date with constitutional, regulatory and listing requirements as applicable to individual clients
- Take responsibility for various other aspects of our service offering, including developing client relationships, keeping up to date with best practice and helping disseminate the same to the wider team, undertaking some office administration including billing and project work, and supporting business development, as appropriate
- Deal with correspondence, the collating of relevant information and writing of reports, ensuring decisions made or action points agreed are communicated to the relevant parties and completed within timescales set and agreed
- Provide contribution to meeting discussions, as and when required
- Monitoring changes in legislation and the regulatory environment, taking appropriate action as required, and providing the role of Trusted Adviser
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Provide any other duties as defined or deemed necessary by our Clients
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).