Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
This role involves ensuring that INDOS fulfils its responsibilities under the depositary requirements of the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD). The role will focus on our diverse range of private equity, real estate and debt fund clients, including investment trusts listed on the London Stock Exchange as well as UK and non-EU limited partnership and fund structures.
Purpose of Job
The primary responsibilities will be in the areas of “Cash Flow Monitoring”, “Record Keeping and Verification of Other Assets” & “Oversight”. This includes review of significant and inconsistent cash transactions, verification of asset ownership, and a range of oversight duties including ensuring compliance with the fund prospectus, review of shareholder transactions and fund valuations.
The Depositary Analyst is responsible for a number of client funds and carrying out reviews of those funds in a timely manner and in accordance with internal procedures.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Review fund valuations and accounts, in line with department defined timelines and procedures, to ensure they have been completed accurately and in accordance with the fund documentation.
- Maintain asset registers and undertake procedures to verify the fund’s ownership of those assets.
- Undertake daily cash flow monitoring of fund bank accounts.
- Ensure that funds are compliant with key underlying fund documentation and any issues are identified, logged and resolved in a timely manner.
- Review drawdowns and distributions and ensure the expected procedures have been followed.
- Co-ordinate with fund administrators and investment managers to ensure that the depositary duties can be undertaken and all necessary information received in a timely manner.
- Prepare periodic client and fund board reports.
- Work effectively within the team but show appropriate levels of initiative.
- Facilitate open communication with Depositary team members and client staff members to identify any potential issues/improvements.
- Ideally, 1-2 years’ of fund accountancy or audit experience.
- Part qualified / qualified in a relevant professional qualification such as ACCA / ACA or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Trustee, Fund Accounting or Transfer Agency a distinct advantage.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).