Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued
We have an exciting opportunity within our Risk and Compliance Department for an experienced Compliance Monitoring Officer to play an essential role in assisting with the execution, maintenance and development of our Compliance Monitoring Programme.
Purpose of job
To act as a member of the Risk and Compliance function, supporting the Jersey Head of Risk & Compliance in maintaining a robust compliance culture throughout the business.
- Relevant Professional qualification
- Broad level knowledge and experience of compliance monitoring
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Main responsibilities and duties
The primary activity of the role holder will be to focus on the maintenance and execution of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP). Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Execution of the Compliance Monitoring Programme of ongoing and periodic ‘second line of defence’ assessments within agreed deadlines to provide assurance on the adherence to (and effectiveness of) operational performance, controls, policies, procedures and systems designed to mitigate and manage identified risks.
- Provision of support to the Jersey Head of Risk & Compliance in the development and timely maintenance of the Obligations Register of applicable Jersey Laws, Orders and Codes mapped to associated controls, policies and procedures to assess and rate residual risks and determine mitigating actions including compliance monitoring actions.
- Ensuring that the Compliance Monitoring Programme remains aligned to the management of the key regulatory risks faced by JTC, periodically examining the scope of the CMP and making recommendations for amendment/improvement to the Jersey Head of Risk & Compliance.
- Adhere to good monitoring working practices to ensure the demonstration of work undertaken, clearly communicating monitoring objectives, scope of testing and proposed timescales. Ensure acceptable sample testing parameters are maintained with the use of a variety of testing approaches including interview, file review, data analysis, reviewing corporate documents and recorded conversations.
Agree monitoring findings with the relevant business areas and ensure the timely production and provision of monitoring reports, emerging risks, patterns and/or trends and make recommendations for management responses and/or corrective actions to ensure continued compliance, appropriate risk mitigation and/or alignment to JTC’s risk appetite.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. Founded in 1987, we have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).