Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Kindly note that we have a number of vacancies for a new Fund Services team being set up – the below description details the Client Accountant role for the project, but please feel free to check out our other job openings on the JTC Careers page.
Purpose of Job
To collate, calculate, process, investigate and check trust information in order to produce the Net Asset Values for the specific Trusts which JTC administers within defined deadlines and regulatory requirements.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare, monitor and capture cash movements (cash management) and investment trades, and assist to post transactions into the accounting software to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the NAV package.
- Prepare and perform monthly/weekly/daily cash and stock reconciliations including proper investigation of all outstanding issues to ensure a timely resolution of any reconciling differences to ensure no NAV errors occur.
- Assist to monitor daily/monthly/quarterly asset pricing and pricing sources for corporate actions to ensure securities are updated and valued correctly in the accounting system and no asset pricing errors occur in the valuation.
- Assist to perform and check quarterly expense and accrual calculations to ensure that they are reflected correctly in the NAV.
- Assist to prepare and produce an accurate NAV package to ensure Reviewers discover no errors on work reviewed resulting in the timely delivery of the NAV package.
- Assist to prepare unaudited financial statements.
- Monitor client mailboxes on a daily basis while resolving queries where possible or escalating where required.
- Prepare and send out all valuation e-mails to a pre-defined distribution list to ensure all Trustees have been timely informed of the NAV.
- A relevant tertiary qualification including Accounting, Finance and Investments, or currently studying a relevant professional qualification (eg. ACCA)
- Relevant experience in an Accounting role
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and/or meet deadlines throughout the day
- Team player and professional
- Strong organizational and communication skills
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.