Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director (HR) to join our team in London, UK.
Purpose of Job
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the Group’s compensation and benefits strategies on a global scale. You will lead a team across multiple jurisdictions, that analyses market trends and internal data to design and deliver competitive and equitable pay and benefits programs that attract, retain, and motivate employees across various geographies and cultures.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
Compensation & Reward
- Lead and develop the Compensation and Reward Strategy and team of JTC Group.
- Develop and deliver a reward strategy that supports the Group’s goals and values and plays a key role in how JTC attracts and retains employees.
- Oversee the design and delivery of competitive, equitable, and legally compliant pay and benefits programs, including salary structures, variable pay, equity-based compensation, health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Provide expert advice on remuneration matters to REMCO and the Senior Leadership team, and lead the provision of information and documentation required for Remco (and any other Boards) to ensure all requirements met and management information is provided.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to play a key role in the ongoing development and delivery of the “Ownership For All” share plans. Oversee and manage the share plans from a reward, payroll and tax perspective, working closely with the Company Secretarial team to manage all share awards, application of relevant tax treatment and reporting.
- Overall responsibility for the design and delivery of the Group’s compensation review process; lead the bi-annual review and ensure that performance-based pay and other rewards are aligned with business goals (and budgets) across the Group.
- Conduct market research and analyse internal data to ensure that compensation and benefits programs are competitive and meet industry standards across various geographies and cultures.
- Lead the development and maintenance of salary and benefit benchmarking processes, to ensure internal equity and market competitiveness.
- Oversee the compensation and reward aspects relating to acquisitions and new offices.
- Ensure all strategies and policies are focused on diversity and inclusiveness to ensure accessibility and equality of approach to all employees and that they are in compliance with laws and regulations in various countries.
- Monitor legislation for ongoing and proposed changes on laws and regulations related to compensation and benefits in various countries, and communicate changes to internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Work closely with the HR team to support on matters relating to global mobility and secondments, providing sound knowledge, guidance and resources.
- Provide meaningful statistics, management information and analytics in relation to Compensation and Reward, including DE&I reporting.
Payroll & Benefits
- Lead, coach, develop and motivate the Compensation, Payroll and Benefits team members, lead monthly team meetings and mentor junior staff members.
- Ensure the design and delivery of payroll processes across the Group are robust and efficient to minimise any risk to the Group; review and sign off monthly payrolls and ensure any absences are managed to ensure payroll deadlines are met.
- Oversee the effective delivery of the benefits provision in line with the reward strategy
- Manage relationships with external vendors, including compensation consultants, benefits/payroll providers, and other third-party vendors.
- Ensure all tax related matters regarding application, reporting submissions and payments are managed in line with local requirements.
- Develop and improve current wellbeing strategy and program, using information received from wellbeing and engagement surveys and aligning to the Group’s values and goals.
- Actively contribute and be a key member of a multi-jurisdictional HR team building effective working relationships to ensure procedures are accurately followed, allowing for continuity of service during busy periods or times of absence.
- Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality and security in terms of employee data and business information. Treat all HR data in line with GDPR and maintain an ongoing awareness of GDPR legislation.
- Uphold the professional standards expected of an HR practitioner and act as a role model of excellence with all clients, internally and externally.
- Maintain accuracy when handling either employee or company specific data and ensure that the integrity of process is maintained.
- Contribute to the wider HR team, supporting ad hoc projects, exchanging knowledge and supporting standards of good practice.
- Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Consistently demonstrate JTC core values and expected behaviours.
- Adhere to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation.
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- 10+ years of experience in compensation and benefits or similar within a Professional Services organisation, including experience in a leadership role.
- Accounting qualification or a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, finance, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of global compensation principles, practices, and regulations, including gender pay gap reporting requirements and statutory pay requirements where applicable.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to analyse complex data and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across various geographies and cultures.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy and quality.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Experience with global compensation and benefits software and systems.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.