Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant with experience of operating as an Accounts Manager to manage and oversee financial operations, monthly and yearly financials and ongoing financial corporate governance for trading entities located in US and Europe. The position is located in Jersey working alongside the JTC PLC group accounting team responsible for the consolidation of the Group financial information. Due to recent acquisitions (particularly in the US), the candidate would be responsible for liaising with local finance teams to support and align accounting policies and procedures in line with Group.
Purpose of Job
To manage the ICS Financial team that is responsible for co-ordinating the delivery of financial information from trading entities located in USA and Europe, liaising with local JTC finance teams where appropriate. To include monthly management accounts and analysis of MI. Ensuring yearly statutory accounts preparation, audits and financial corporate governance. Oversight of some financial operations (billing, income recording and payments) where processes are performed in Jersey.
- Qualified in a relevant professional qualification such as ACCA / ACA or equivalent
- Proven working experience as Accounts Manager
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting standards (UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Ability to direct and supervise
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Book keeping monthly payroll
- Attendance at monthly calls to discuss the MI (with jurisdictional MDs and head of ICS), identifying key variances and business trends.
- Preparation of year-end statutory financial statements under relevant accounting standards.
- Responsible for running the audits of regulated entities (both at interims and the yearend), liaising with auditors on accounting and reporting issues and managing audit deliverables and queries to ensure that filing deadlines are met.
- Responsible for liaising with external tax providers with regards to relevant returns, ensuring that filing deadlines are met.
- Management of the team responsible for the financial operations (billing, income monitoring, entity set up/closure and payments).
For entities with a local JTC finance team:
- Review of monthly management accounts prepared locally and their conversion into UK GAAP. Including reconciliations of local payroll reporting and intercompany loans to management accounts. Input of local financial information into our reporting system to facilitate MI reporting thereon.
- Assistance to local accounting teams for year end statutory financials – to ensure consistency with Group policies, compliance with IFRS and audit queries thereon.
- Supervising and assist in the training and development of junior staff.
- Adhering to JTC core values and expected behaviours
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional accounting qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).