UK Head of JTC Private Office, Nic Arnold, will be presenting at the 35th Annual Transcontinental Trusts Forum hosted by Informa Connect. The event will take place from 13-15 October 2021 at the Fairmont Grande Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland.
Nic will be joined by Joanne Morse from Summit Trust Group to discuss the fiduciary, practical, legal and tax issues that arise from owning assets such as yachts, aircraft, art and property. With many clients owning these complex assets, the Transcontinental Trust session will highlight the need for increased governance.
Nic is a chartered tax adviser who specialises in looking after private clients with international lives and cross jurisdictional tax footprints. She also has particular expertise in the field of luxury assets, and understands the increasingly complex demands of global taxation in this market. In her session, she will be covering topics including:
- Tax considerations on the start of a yacht build
- The impact that changing personal circumstances of a family can have on the operation and tax profile of their yacht or aircraft
- The impact of Brexit on the VAT status of luxury assets
- The tax sensitivities of choosing between private or commercial yacht operations … or seeking to do both
- Keeping art on board yachts
- Owning luxury assets in structures such as companies, trusts and partnerships
- Deciding when using a tax arrangement is the right thing to do and preventing pitfalls
If you would like advice on luxury assets or any other service that JTC or JTC Private Office provides, please get in touch with Nic or a member of the JTC team.
Please note: JTC does not provide tax advice and clients should obtain their own independent tax advice as appropriate.