23 March 2017, 09.00 – 13.00
We are delighted to sponsor BL’s Channel Island NED Forum 2017 ‘Life in the Hot Seat.’
The running order for the day is as follows:
- NEDS: A global perspective How do Channel Island NEDs need to be globally aware, not least when it comes to dealing with issues of diversity? And how do other jurisdictions compare in the NED space?
- NEDs and the law For NEDs operating in the finance space, adherence to the law and to regulation is of the utmost importance. This session will examine current issues in the law: what are NEDs duties and responsibilities and how do they stay on top of legal/governance requirements?
- Developing your NED skills Whether a relatively new NED building a portfolio or a more seasoned NED, just what skills should you be developing in order to be most effective?
- Are you prepared for a crisis? There is a gap between how ready for a crisis an organisation thinks it is, and how ready it really is. What steps do companies need to take in order to handle a crisis, and what hard experience can NEDs bring to the table?
- Managing the board What are the red flags when it comes to board performance, and how can NEDs help keep things on the right track?
- The NED of the future The role of the NED is changing, but in exactly what way? Do NEDs need to be more tech-savvy, do they need to develop new skills, work in a different way? Are minimum standards required? Just what is predicted for the future NED?
For more information, email email@example.com.