Guernsey Funds and Corporate Services

The Guernsey office has over 50 staff and JTC is recognised as a leading pan-Channel Islands fund administrator. We have proven track record of over 20 years in providing incorporation, fund administration, accountancy and director services enabling us to effectively service the needs of fund managers and the fund community. 

We administer over 11% of the London Listed entities domiciled in Guernsey and approximately 9% of the total market share in the Channel Islands. We currently provide administration services to over 20% of the companies listed on the Specialist Fund Market of the LSE. 

We are a top five TISE listing agent and, in addition, JTC Listing Services Limited is a category 1 and 2 member of the TISE, giving us the ability to sponsor specialist debt securities and investment funds onto this recognised exchange.

We currently administer 20 London Listed entities comprising 7 Main Market, 7 AIM and 6 SFM across diverse sectors including Real Estate, Private Equity, Transport, Mining, Renewables, Construction, Oil and Gas and Equity Investments. 

The Channel Islands have more companies and funds listed on the LSE than any other jurisdiction globally (excluding the UK), and continues to attract companies that wish to list on other international exchanges such as the Toronto and Australian stock exchanges. At the end of 2015, there were 222 CI domiciled entities, 129 in Guernsey and 93 in Jersey. 

Reasons to choose Guernsey as your domicile 

  • Guernsey’s fund industry has successfully grown over five decades.
  • Business can be transacted with confidence in Guernsey as the Island has been scrutinised and endorsed by the International Monetary Fund and the Financial Action Task Force
  • Fund and the Financial Action Task Force
  • Funds domiciled in other jurisdictions can be serviced in Guernsey.
  • Self-certification Qualifying Investor Funds (QIFs) enable very short authorisation times for funds run by experienced investors. 
  • Modern company law remains advanced through continuous improvement. 
  • Listings are available through the Channel Islands Securities Exchange (CISE)
  • There is a standard zero rate of income tax for corporate entities.
  • The Guernsey Financial Services Commission promotes robust yet pragmatic regulation and is renowned for being approachable, accessible and open to new ideas. 
  • The Island’s location between Europe and the UK places it in a time zone between the US and the Far East.
  • Continuity within Guernsey’s democratic government offers political and economic stability and thereby a safe and secure environment on which business can rely.
  • Legislative and fiscal independence allows the Island to respond quickly to the needs of business.

Guernsey Services

Incorporation and set-up 

  • Co-ordination with advisors (banks, notary, lawyers, tax advisors).
  • Liaising with external parties to ensure the correct implementation of structuring advice.
  • Preparation of standard articles of association and co-ordination with notary.
  • Risk and compliance support.

Corporate domiciliation

  • Provision of registered office.
  • Company secretariat.
  • Corporate services.
  • Provision of office space and information technology support.

Fund administration (regulated and non regulated entities)

  • NAV calculations and fund administration.
  • Accounting and valuation services.
  • Registrar and transfer agency services.
  • Investor relations.
  • Regulatory communications.

Accounting and financial reporting

  • Statutory bookkeeping and accounting under UK and other GAAPs and IFRS.
  • Limited partnerships carried interest calculations.
  • Periodic management reporting.
  • Consolidated reporting.
  • Interim financial reporting on demand.
  • Co-ordination of audit process.
  • Annual accounts.

Tax Compliance 

  • Corporation tax returns.

AIFMD Services

  • Independent Management Company. 
  • AIFMD Reporting.
  • Risk Management. 
  • Depositary. 

Payroll and HR Services

  • Compliance with local regulatory needs.
  • Work permit applications and management.
  • Visa and immigration management.
  • On-boarding new staff.
  • Re-location consulting.
  • HR advisory and support.