Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Tax Administrator to join our team in Jersey.
Purpose of job
This excellent opportunity for a candidate to be responsible for client tax compliance matters, working closely with the Managers/Directors within Jersey and other JTC offices.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- The role holder should have a proven experience in a tax environment and be nearing completion of an Accountancy or Tax qualification.
- Experience in UK Corporation Tax and the Non-resident Landlord scheme, with exposure to Jersey Tax and UK VAT, CIS, ATED an advantage
- Provide guidance to the client facing teams on Jersey and UK tax matters
- Prepare Tax returns and advise on any tax payment requirements in relation to clients
- Involvement in tax authority enquiries where required
- Check, maintain and ensure accuracy of the central diary system relevant to client tax compliance, to ensure deadlines are recorded and subsequently achieved;
- Adhere to Risk & Associated Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation;
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures;
- Adhere to the JTC core values and expected behaviours;
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Group Tax team located in the Jersey office.
- All Institutional Client Services Directors/ Private Client Services Directors / Corporate Services Directors.
- Other internal departmental interfaces (eg Risk & Compliance) as required.
- Group Operations division.
- Own and team clients.
- Other industry professionals such as tax advisors, lawyers, fund promoters/investment advisers, intermediaries (including stock brokers, listing sponsors and registrars) and outsourcing partners.
- External auditors for own and team clients
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. Founded in 1987, we have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).