Join our JTC Legal Team where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of job
The Senior Paralegal is responsible for working directly with clients as well as internal staff under the direction of the General Counsel to help support the creation and maintenance of legal documents for the JTC USA Holdings suite of solutions and other corporate operational documents. The Paralegal’s main focus is supporting and assisting in the facilitation and development of non-1031 products and services and the expansion into new markets.
- Associate Degree in paralegal studies or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience as a paralegal in an in-house position
- Excellent writing, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients
- Quality consciousness in work product and high attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, particularly Word
- General business law background helpful, particularly contracts and entity maintenance
Main responsibilities and duties
- Drafting organizational documents, including articles of incorporation, qualification or dissolution, stock certificates, corporate resolutions and meeting minutes
- Renewing and maintaining certain licenses and memberships
- Implement and oversee Contract Management Solution (both vendor contracts and client contracts)
- Drafting and negotiating (with supervision of General Counsel) agreements such as non-disclosure agreements, templatized customer agreements and certain client communications
- Reviewing, tracking, and monitoring legislation that impacts the company’s products and/or processes and assisting with the implementation of any necessary changes resulting from such legislation
- Researching legal issues as needed, reviewing and analysing data and screening marketing materials for accuracy
- Adhere to Risk & Associate Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation;
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours;
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. Founded in 1987, we have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).