Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Risk and Compliance Department in South Dakota for an experienced, enthusiastic compliance professional with an attention to detail and the desire to be part of a collaborative team.
Purpose of job
The role includes the Compliance administration in JTC South Dakota, management and successful execution of regulatory compliance and the daily compliance operational tasks. The role also includes performing the MLRO role.
As a senior member of the Risk & Compliance team, you will have a primary focus on ensuring the Division of Banking compliance requirements are met and executed and all regulatory reporting and submissions are completed. The successful candidate will perform proactively delivering a robust risk and compliance function that mitigates business and fiduciary risks and exhibit sound risk management practices and to assist with corresponding risk mitigation.
It is imperative that the successful applicant holds a relevant qualification (ACFCS, CAMs, ICA) and has impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
An understanding of the Division of Banking Supervisory Guidance for trust companies is required as is experienced working within a compliance function. The ability to work as part of a team, problem solve, prioritise, manage time effectively, be adaptable and have exceptional attention to detail are key elements of the role.
Specific Experience and Required Skills
- Extensive experience of working in a compliance environment within the finance environment (knowledge of the administration of trusts/partnerships/both)
- Strong knowledge of the Division of Banking Guidance and The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and an awareness of the requirements of the applicable laws at Federal level
- Experience of working within the trust and company environment
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders
Main responsibilities and duties
- To act as Compliance Officer (CO)
- To act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Receive and assess Suspicious Activity Reports and report to Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FINCEN) if required
- Produce reporting for the Board and Risk Committees as required
- Compliance Monitoring – working with group risk in respect of planning the CMP strategy, managing findings, identifying route causes. Bringing findings to a timely close.
- Keep accurate and up to date MI records Manage identified internal audit matters and follow up actions/tasks/close out
- Regulatory inspections – planning for, deliverables of, findings from and remediation actions
- Contribute to JTC’s compliance and risk strategy and culture; liaising with the management team and advising on regulatory matters and industry best practice to ensure JTC has in place an excellent and commercial business control framework
- Assist with the provision of comprehensive advisory, monitoring and control services to the business in order to manage compliance within regulatory and internal policies and procedures
- In consultation with the Group Head of Risk and Compliance, issue, revise and adopt AML/CFT compliance and business Policies, Guidance and Procedures in line with developments in legislation, regulations and best practice
- Where appropriate, identify and communicate improvements that enhance service to clients and/or profitability to JTC
- Deliver training and coaching as and when required to ensure all staff adequately demonstrate adherence to AML/CFT legislations and regulations. The delivery of training includes the Miami and NY offices.
- To act as the primary party in respect of handling data breaches and reporting under the requisite codified laws
- To act as the primary contact for Division of Banking of the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours and to Risk & Associated Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).