Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fund Accountant to join our team in South Africa, Cape Town.
Purpose of Job
- To collate, calculate, process, investigate and check fund information including being a B signatory in order to produce and sign off the Accounts / Net Asset Valuations (NAV) of the specific Funds/Entities which JTC administers within defined deadlines and within regulatory requirements.
- To produce financial statements and other financial related information for client entities accurately and on a timely basis, in accordance with the most relevant accounting standards and client driven requirements.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare, monitor and capture cash movements (cash management), investment trades and update transactions in InvestOne / Investran to ensure an accurate and timely delivery of the Accounts / NAV.
- Prepare and perform weekly / monthly cash and stock reconciliations including proper investigation of all outstanding issues to ensure a timely resolution of any reconciling differences and no valuation errors occur.
- Monitor asset pricing and pricing sources for corporate actions to ensure securities are updated and valued correctly on InvestOne / Investran and no asset pricing errors occur within the Accounts / NAV.
- Perform and check expense and accrual calculations to ensure that they are reflected correctly in the Accounts / NAV.
- Prepare and produce an accurate NAV to ensure Checkers or Supervisor discover no errors on work reviewed resulting in the timely delivery of the Accounts / NAV.
- Proactively investigate queries with dealers; brokers; custodians; auditors and clients to ensure a timely resolution of all queries. Where applicable to communicate and escalate potential issues in a prompt and effective manner.
- Understand and implement company policies and procedures; client service level agreements and internal controls to ensure compliance thereof and no Custodian and external audit findings occur as a result of them not being applied.
Prepare and send out all valuation e-mails to a pre-defined distribution list to ensure all parties have been timely informed of the valuation.
- To produce financial statements for portfolio of clients in accordance with the applicable financial standards, and to ensure that the accounts are produced in accordance with the regulatory deadlines and the deadlines agreed with the client.
- To project manage the client audit process internally according to an agreed timetable to ensure all parties are delivering as agreed and the manager or supervisor is inform of any obstacles and/or delays.
- Attend pre and post audit meetings to ensure audit planning, comments and recommendations as well as any post audit adjustments to be made to valuations are discussed.
- Prepare and complete all monthly/quarterly KPI spreadsheets and/or statutory returns to ensure specific funds regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
- Accurately update and maintain the relevant sections in the delivery matrix to ensure all parties are aware of what has been completed and Oversight can promptly review the NAV where required.
- Prepare and complete all sundry administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) accurate / timely time recording and filing of Accounts / NAV within Viewpoint.
- Coach and supervise other Fund Accountants in the same team to ensure all procedures are adhered to and feedback can be provided to the Manager for yearly reviews.
- Prepare accurate payment instructions and provide to checker for authorisation in a timely manner.
- Check and authorise payments (as a B Signatory) to ensure the correct amounts are instructed.
- Check and approve valuations (as a B Signatory) to ensure all information and calculations have been correctly collated.
- A relevant tertiary qualification preferably including Accounting; Finance; Investments
- Good accounting and investment product knowledge
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years investment fund administration or related experience
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.