Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrator – Risk & Compliance to join our team in Cape Town.
To assist in providing independent operational risk and compliance oversight, guidance and support to the SA Fund Administration business within JTC’s defined risk appetite and adherence to regulations as appropriate.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the SA Fund Administration business with maintaining and developing an effective operational risk management framework to enable articulation of a meaningful risk appetite and management of risks in accordance therewith
- Perform compliance monitoring based on a risk based compliance plan to provide reasonable assurance to senior management both local and abroad (to which JTCSA provides outsourced services)
- Process and analyse ad-hoc or formal compliance breach and error reports in a timely, effective and accurate manner for management review and escalation.
- Prepare, process and analyse all daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc management reports in a timely, effective and accurate manner
for management review including escalation
- Providing support and maintenance of relevant risk policies for the business, including training
- To contribute to and foster the development of risk culture throughout the JTC Group
- Maintenance of various internal registers
- Building good working relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Remain independent from the local business to provide challenge and support, as and when required.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in compliance / financial services
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Independent thought
- Ability to probe and not take things at face value
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work across multiple tasks at a time
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast pace environment
- Interpersonal skills to build and sustain relationships with the business and key stakeholders.
- Effective influencing skills with an ability to challenge with confidence.
- Adaptable to change
- RE1 examination
- Risk / Audit experience ideally including operational risk and analysis in a Fund Services, Banking or Investment Management environment.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.