Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
This senior administrator will report into a Manager within the Corporate Trustee and Client Relationship Team. The team deals with all aspects of the administration relating to Corporate Trusts, including (but not limited to) International Pension Plans, Employee Benefit Trusts, Share Plans and Deferred Compensation Plans..
The post holder will be responsible for the efficient and timely processing of:
Periodic Trust Reviews;
- Trust AML and risk based reviews;
- Assisting with the preparation of Trustee Minutes;
- Arranging investment switches;
- Preparing payments;
- Assisting with Share Plan transactions, such as award exercises;
- Assisting with review of accounts/approved fund ranges;
The team is client facing and the candidate will assist servicing clients, preparing the above tasks for review by the team’s client service manager.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing Minutes to formalise Trustee decisions;
- Assisting with receipt of regular Trust contributions;
- Assist with the management and training of junior members of the team;
- Ensure a professional service is provided to clients and intermediaries;
- Check, maintain and ensure accuracy of the central diary systems to ensure that deadlines are recorded and subsequently met;
- Review legal and tax advice where appropriate and be able to interpret /implement relevant advice as required
- Manage own billing and cash collection / debtors process, have an awareness of recoverability and work in an efficient manner so as to minimise write-offs;
- Arranging invoice settlement;
- Arranging investment switches;
- AML and risk reviews for new and current business;
- Approved fund range review;
- Assisting with Trustee review of accounts;
- Collaboration with internal teams to service clients;
- External communication with members and clients;
- Supporting and mentoring new team members when required,
- Reducing risk of error by following set procedures,
- Ensuring careful consideration is given to all communications made externally – standard JTC format to be applied,
- Ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner and is accurate
- Taking part in ad-hoc project work and new client take on — any project deadline will need to be met along with daily workloads,
- Adhere to Risk & Associate Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation,
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours, and;
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to mentor others
- Completer finisher
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Preferred but not essential – Professional qualification (ACCA/ICSA/STEP)
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).