Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
Our team based in Guernsey require the addition of a Company Secretarial senior administrator to support our Guernsey clients.
To support the Company Secretarial team in the service delivery to Guernsey funds (some of which are listed) and other structures. Acting as company secretarial support for selected clients and carrying out a variety of administrative duties.
The role will require the employee to develop an understanding of a variety of fund structures as well as developing an understanding of the principles of corporate governance and the application of this as transactions arise.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Keeps clients’ records up to date and ensure all statutory registers are duly maintained.
- Ensures filing deadlines are met.
- Liaises with external parties including regulators and advisers (e.g. lawyers, brokers, investment managers, etc.).
- Liaises and attends to queries from auditors.
- Circulates and prepares documentation such as letters of engagement, agreements, resolutions, minutes, etc. for signature.
- Arranges meetings, including organising facilities, as necessary.
- Prepares agendas and skeleton minutes.
- Prepares and distributes shareholder notices.
- Assists with the compilation of Board packs.
- Inputs announcements on the relevant stock exchange for listed funds.
- Updates and maintains board meeting calendars and schedules.
- Builds relationships with clients and intermediaries.
- Meets personal and team targets as set.
- Monitors and keeps up to date with constitutional, regulatory and listing requirements applicable to individual clients.
- Carries out any other administrative duties as required to support clients.
- Maintains a strong work ethic and is diligent, contributing at all times towards a high team morale.
- Follows processes and procedures, working according to set quality standards and controls.
- Contributes ideas for continuous improvements to processes and procedures.
- Carries out other administrative duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Adheres to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements on AML and CFT including the reporting of unusual transactions.
- Adheres to JTC core values and expected behaviours.
- Experience in a support role for Funds and other structures both private and listed.
- An understanding of the Guernsey regulatory environment.
- Good at developing strong relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- Adaptable and flexible with a can do attitude.
- Able to perform under pressure and in unexpected situations
- Can demonstrate good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Preferably applicants will hold / or be working towards obtaining relevant industry qualifications (ICSA).
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).