Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll & HR Administrator – Group – USA to join our team in San Jose, CA.
JTC is experiencing significant growth in the United States and growing our US HR team as well!
Purpose of Job
Our US Payroll & HR Administrator will be responsible for maintaining our Paylocity payroll system, and processing multiple US payrolls for 150+ employees, while providing our US employees and Group HR team with excellent customer service.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Full-cycle processing of all semi-monthly, multi-state regularly scheduled payroll, as well as out-of-cycle US location pay-runs using Paylocity, and processing payroll for all equity-related transactions
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, changes, benefit updates, etc.
- Serves as System Administrator for Paylocity Timekeeping system
- Liaison with Finance team to provide data for accounting journal entries related to payroll
- Serves as the main contact for all US payroll related matters, providing timely responses to all requests both internal and external.
- Provides input to payroll policies and procedures and ensures compliance with internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal payroll requirements.
- Works with internal and external business partners to address and resolve payroll issues.
- Prepares and maintains payroll/HR files and creates reports for cross functional reference.
- Ensures new state registrations are applied for withholding tax, SUI, and any applicable local taxes; ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
- Assist with ongoing benefits audit and reporting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation and support the implementation of solutions.
- Update Corporate HR database and Absence tracking system for US employees including new hires, terminations, changes, etc.
- Complete verifications of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Accounting, Human Resources, Business
- 2-4 years of relevant payroll administration experience. Hands-on payroll system experience is required, experience with Paylocity is highly desired
- Knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Highly proficient with Excel and overall M/S Office proficiency
- Acute attention to detail, accuracy and analysis
- Professional, responsive, and customer-focused working relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Positive team attitude with a willingness to work on both smaller and large tasks to help get the job done
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong integrity and confidentiality required
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.