Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Due to growth of the London client base an exciting opportunity has arisen within our Corporate Governance & Company Secretary Team based in London for an experienced Administrator and Assistant Company Secretary keen to take responsibility of service delivery to UK listed corporates and SPV structures.
Purpose of job
The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the team, holding responsibility for service delivery to UK corporates and funds (some of which are listed) and SPV structures. They will be responsible for all aspects of Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance support including arrangements for and attendance at board, committee and shareholder meetings, preparing and filing documentation, including the corporate governance section of the annual report and accounts, regulatory compliance and statutory returns, quarterly corporate governance reporting to Boards, regulatory announcements and market abuse compliance.
- Proactive self-starter
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Degree 2:1, or equivalent
- Part or Qualified company secretary with relevant experience
Main responsibilities and duties
- Administer and monitor a varied client portfolio with an emphasis on UK listed Investment Trusts within the timescales set and agreed, investigating and suggesting enhancements where necessary, ensuring timely and effective client care
- Understand the relevant legislation and ensuring that all activities undertaken meet legislative requirements
- Attend and minute board, committee and shareholder meetings, travelling to client locations as required
- Draft board papers, assemble board packs and ensure distribution to client boards
- Provide review and comment on corporate documentation as required by client and in conjunction with other advisors
- Review the corporate governance section of annual and bi-annual reports in conjunction with fund accountants and advisors
- Draft company materials including announcements and statutory filings, as appropriate
- Review client structures, complete review processes for client entities, remain aware of risk exposure, including the fulfilment of responsibilities under the review procedures
- Review legal and tax advice where appropriate and be able to interpret /implement relevant advice as required
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of client entities, ensuring all statutory obligations are complied with
- Assist more junior members of the team, deliver to agreed scope and timescales
- Keep clients’ records up to date and ensure all statutory registers are maintained
- Receive, monitor and keep up to date with constitutional, regulatory and listing requirements as applicable to individual clients
- Take responsibility for various other aspects of our service offering, including developing client relationships, keeping up to date with best practice and helping disseminate the same to the wider team, undertaking office administration including billing and project work, as appropriate
- Deal with correspondence, the collating of relevant information and writing of reports, ensuring decisions made or action points agreed are communicated to the relevant parties and completed within timescales set and agreed
- Provide contribution to meeting discussions, as and when required
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as investment managers, lawyers and auditors
- Assist with the production, where necessary, of relevant policies and procedures including the development of a knowledge bank
- Manage own billing and cash collection / debtors process, have an awareness of recoverability and work in an efficient manner so as to minimise write-offs
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions and act as a guide to the Department in this respect
- Confident managing own deadlines and diarising workloads
We are JTC, a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services to institutional and private clients. Established in 1987, we now have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130 billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).