Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounts Officer to join our team in Mauritius.
Purpose of job
The role holder will be required to assist in quarterly billing, maintenance of accounts, reviewing of WIP and monitoring of adherence to internal controls.
- Holder of a University degree in a relevant discipline and currently completing the Professional Level of the ACCA qualification;
- At least 4 years of experience in a global corporate environment;
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Viewpoint will be an advantage;
- Excellent communication, team work and organisational skills with an enthusiastic approach
Key responsibilities and duties
- Maintain bookkeeping and accounting for JTC Mauritius and any group company as required
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and reports within set deadlines
- Review the WIP on a monthly basis to determine provision
- Assist in the billing process quarterly and annually
- Assist in the fees set up process and ECOT
- Attend to audit queries and liaise with auditors to ensure finalisation of audit within relevant deadlines
- Assist in the ROC, FSC, TRC reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ensure the regular maintenance of petty cash entries and reconciliations
- Process renewal payments to FSC, ROC, MRA for JTC and its clients
- Ensure the preparation of VAT, TDS, APS and other returns monthly
- Prepare adhoc finance reports at the Directors’ request or for finance meetings
We are JTC, a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services to institutional and private clients. Established in 1987, we have over 900 people in offices in multiple jurisdictions across six continents. With a culture that strongly focuses on the development of our employees, we value our employees’ commitment to their career and support them in pursuing professional qualifications and ongoing learning opportunities.
If you would like to join team JTC, please apply on line.