Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Employer Solutions Edinburgh Administration Team provides services to Trustees of Defined Contribution International Retirement Savings and Pension Plan. This is an exciting time of growth and opportunity to join our team. Supporting Client Service Directors based in Edinburgh, Guernsey and Jersey you will use your knowledge and understanding of UK pension service delivery to enhance your skills for International Mobile Employees.
Purpose of job
Managing a portfolio of clients, collaborating with Trustees, members, client contacts and colleagues from multi-jurisdictions you will deliver optimum service within agreed service
levels. You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of cyclical scheme events, contribution investment, member fees, reporting, leaver and distribution events and participation in regular client calls and meetings.
You will process and check regular activities and liaise with relevant third parties and authorities.
You will be responsible for reading, researching and understanding the documentation and service provision relating to each scheme.
You will deliver service ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- You will have a solid background in DC Pension Administration.
- You will ideally be progressing towards a relevant industry professional qualification.
- You will have a minimum of 5 GSCE
- You will have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- To prioritise and provide accurate, efficient and effective administration and checking of events and reporting to maximise service standards set out in the Letter of Engagement and underpinned by Trust Deed & Rules.
- Technical research and response to queries and complex enquiries
- To ensure maintenance of consistent and accurate scheme records
- Events will include (but not restricted to) contribution investments, new joiner activities, AUA fees and invoicing statistics, leaver activities, distributions, payments and receipts, ensuring all related book-keeping is posted accurately, in a timely manner and up to date at all times and completing regular corporate client reporting
- To complete all activities using best practice and compliance with all plan and JTC polices, rules and regulations including GFSC regulations, FATCA/CRS and any legislative changes
- Build and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Regularly participate in client/ departmental meetings and prepare required materials
- Mitigates, manage and proactively escalates and concludes operational risk matters and suggest improvements to reduce error and complaints
- To actively mentor, coach and provide feedback to improve learning and development of team members
- To undertake ad-hoc project based client and business initiatives and client take on activities.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).