We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Trust Professional to join our team in South Dakota. The role reports into a Director within a team of people and sits within the local jurisdiction.
Purpose of job
The successful candidate will administer a client portfolio under the supervision of the Director. Demonstrate a clear understanding of each clients’ portfolio including risk awareness, relationship management and contractual and statutory regulations.
- Proven track record of managing people
- Key soft skills such as delegation, prioritisation, organisational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Qualification in trust administration (either domestic or foreign)
- Ability to proactively identify areas for improvement or where efficiencies can be made and work with the Director to implement them
- Superior client service
Main responsibilities and duties
- Administer and monitor a varied client portfolio within the timescales set and agreed, investigating and suggesting enhancements where necessary, ensuring timely and effective client c
- Manage own billing and cash collection / debtors process, have an awareness of recoverability and work in an efficient manner so as to minimise write-offs.
- Review client structures, completing review process for client’s entities, remaining aware of risk exposure, including the fulfilment of responsibilities under the review procedures.
- Awareness and adherence to contractual and statutory obligations under the Group’s policies, procedures and guidelines, including the Group’s core values and expected behaviors.
- Check, maintain and ensure accuracy of the central diary systems to ensure that deadlines are recorded and subsequently met.
- Review legal and tax advice where appropriate and be able to interpret /implement relevant advice as required.
- Ensure a prompt and professional service is provided to clients and intermediaries.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of client entities, ensuring all statutory obligations are complied with.
- Through effective administration ensure existing clients are retained.
- Assist with the management and training of junior members of the team.
- Adhere to Risk & Associated Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation.
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures.
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviors.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).