Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Trust Professional to join our Private Client Services team in Jersey.
Purpose of job
The successful candidate will oversee the effective management of a team/division, ensuring a professional and comprehensive administration service is provided to existing and prospective clients and in line with strategic objectives set by the Group Board.
Hold or working towards a relevant professional qualification
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively oversee and manage the operation of the team/division, ensuring a professional service is provided to clients and intermediaries
- Through effective analysis and management of the team/division and their resulting performance, ensure any knowledge gained is factored into the planning and formulating of the team’s/division’s own strategy, resources and procedures and ultimately the divisions annual business plan
- Create and ensure alignment of team/division’s strategy to overall strategic objectives and KPIs set by the Group
- Oversee the administration, timely billing, fee collection, management of debtors and population of income to target relative to the clients within the team’s portfolio
- Fulfil the function of “Manager” on appropriate client entities
- Responsible for maintaining a good standard of corporate governance within the team, ensuring any legal, tax or statutory requirements are adhered to
- Active participation at internal business development meetings; demonstrate an ability to identify and manage potential business opportunities within the team’s/division’s portfolio of clients and where possible introduce prospective new business to the Group
- React to new business enquiries within an acceptable timeframe, effectively managing and accurately pricing enquires, ensuring the resources and services provided by the Group are fully explained and promoted
- Attend and participate at client meetings, either on or off site. This may from time to time require travel out of the Channel Islands for a number of days
- Develop, enhance and retain existing client base, advisers, intermediaries and other introducers of work, providing a value added service and a high standard of client care
- Adhere to Risk & Associated Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation
- Oversee the administration and review of complex client structures, remain aware of risk exposure to both the client and the Group, including fulfilment of responsibilities under the review procedures
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions and act as a guide to the team/division in this respect
- Ensure manager/assistant manager is training, developing, motivating and monitoring the progress of the team/s, ensuring individual team members adherence to their contractual obligations and competencies
- Directly coaching and mentoring Managers and Assistant Managers within the division/team
- Attend and conduct where necessary monthly team/division meetings ensuring the appropriate employees remain appraised of any developments or changes within the Group
- Conduct annual appraisals and interim reviews for senior members of the team, setting SMART objectives
- Attend interviews for new recruits and play an active part in the selection.
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures
- Develop self, and ensure knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Deputise in the absence of Associate Director / Director
- Develop an ability to inspire and motivate the team and the wider Group to sustain the Group’s unique stakeholder culture and adherence to the core competencies
- Adhere to the JTC core values and expected behaviours
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).