Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
Our team based in Guernsey require the addition of an experienced Company Secretary to support our Guernsey clients.
To manage the Company Secretarial team, holding responsibility and autonomy for service delivery to Guernsey funds (some of which are listed) and other structures. Responsible for a portfolio of clients and the Company Secretarial team deliverables from governance through to attendance at board meeting, preparing and filing fund related documentation, producing / reviewing governance sections for financial statements, regulatory compliance, statutory returns and regular corporate governance reporting to Boards. To contribute to the raising of JTC’s Corporate Governance profile and the sharing of knowledge and learning with the wider JTC cosec community.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the performance of the corporate secretarial team and service delivery to our clients
- Help to guide and develop junior members of the team
- Ensuring the Company Secretarial function delivers to agreed scope and timescales
- Drafting client SLAs and monitoring KPIs
- Understand the relevant regulatory regime and ensuring that all activities undertaken meet regulatory requirements
- Draft board papers, ensure board packs are assembled and distributed to client boards in a timely manner
- Attend and minute board meetings, travelling to client locations as required
- Draft other company materials including announcements and statutory filings, as appropriate
- Draft governance sections of annual and semi annual reports in conjunction with fund accountants and advisors
- Provide review and comment on corporate documentation as required by client and in conjunction with other advisors
- Liaise with auditors as required
- Keep clients’ records up to date and ensure all statutory registers are duly maintained
- Receive, monitor and keep up to date with constitutional, regulatory and listing requirements as applicable to individual clients
- Take responsibility for various other aspects of our service offering, including developing client and key advisers relationships, keeping up to date with best practice and helping disseminate the same to the wider team, undertaking project work and supporting business development, as required
- Deal with correspondence, the collating of relevant information and writing of reports, ensuring decisions made or action points agreed are communicated to the relevant parties and completed within timescales set and agreed
- Provide contribution to meeting discussions, as and when required
- Monitoring changes in legislation and the regulatory environment, taking appropriate action as required, and becoming a trusted adviser for client boards
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Provide any other duties as required
- Assist with the production, where necessary, of relevant policies and procedures
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions
- Adhere to Risk & Associate Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation;
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures;
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours;
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
Key Relationships – Internal
- Group Directors
- All employees of JTC
Key Relationships – External
- Own and team clients
- Other industry professionals such as lawyers, fund promoters/investment advisers, intermediaries (including stock brokers, listing sponsors and registrars) and outsourcing partners
- External auditors for own and team clients
- Proactive self-starter
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Degree 2:1, or equivalent
- Qualified company secretary with 5+ years’ relevant experience
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).