Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a IFRS Manager to join our team in Luxembourg
Purpose of Job
This excellent opportunity would be suitable for candidates with proven accounting skills. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear interest and understand of working in IFRS.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Review accounts teams files / all other reports in line with appropriate accounting standards (LUXGAAP, US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS);
- Ensure accounts teams files adhere to internal standards and procedures, providing final sign off before presentation to head of client accounts and ultimately the board of directors;
- Prepare audit support files and liaise with external auditors on all accounting and reporting matters and facilitate the resolution of administrative and other queries to ensure filing deadlines are met;
- Prepare complex consolidation working papers according to IFRS accounting rules;
- Upon exit of funds, calculate waterfall calculations for distributions to respective owners of equity and debt holders;
- Interpret complex shareholders agreements and other legal agreements to determine required accounting entries;
- Apply IFRS specific standards and drive technical IFRS consultations when required;
- Prepare and update audit working procedures;
- Liaise with the client where appropriate to discuss financial statements/reports, resolve any issue or discuss fees;
- Prepare internal training material for IFRS and audit related topics, and be able to present the training;
- Document internal control procedures and recommend improvements to management.
- Holding at least a BTS in accounting/management/taxation, DUT, DECF or Bachelor in Accounting with about 5 years proven experience in working within the trust and company environment at a senior level;
- High level of technicality in IFRS in broad spectrum of industries (Holding, Real Estate, Private Equity,…) and in Microsoft Office tools such as Excel;
- Ability to take initiatives, create solutions, display organizational capabilities and client service attitude, work with proactivity and respect deadlines;
- Responsible, accountable and able to get on with others as a team player;
- Able to fluently communicate in English, in written and verbally; German and French are considered as an asset.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.